Maps & Directions
Getting to Biosphere 2
From Central Tucson
- From central Tucson, go north to River Road and turn left (heading west).
- Continue on River Road and turn right (north) on Oracle Road (Arizona Highway 77).
- Continue north approx. 24 miles on Oracle Road/Highway 77, to Biosphere 2 Road at Mile Post 96.5, and turn right.
From Tucson International Airport
- Head southeast on S. Airport Drive
- Take slight left at E. Airport Drive and continue onto S. Tucson Blvd approximately 2.7 miles (make a slight left to stay on S Tucson Blvd.)
- Continue onto I-10 BUS W approximately 1.8 miles and make slight right at S. Park Avenue
- Merge onto I-10 W via the ramp to Phoenix and drive 6.5 miles to exit 255 towards AZ-77 N/Miracle Mile
- Merge onto N Casa Grande Hwy then turn right at W. Miracle Mile and drive 1.4 miles
- Turn left at AZ-77 N/N Oracle Rd and continue to follow AZ-77 N for approximately 26.9 miles
- Turn right at Biosphere Rd at Mile Post 96.5
From Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- After leaving the airport, follow the signs to Interstate 10 East.
- Take I-10 East, toward Tucson, to Exit 185 and exit the interstate.
- Turn left onto Highway 387 and continue past Coolidge until Highway 387 intersects with Arizona Highway 79 near Florence.
- Turn right on to Highway 79 and follow this until Oracle Junction where you turn left onto Arizona Highway 77.
- Drive 6 miles to the Biosphere 2 turnoff, located at Mile Post 96.5. Turn right on Biosphere Road.